Friday, March 20, 2015

When Life gives you Lymes...

Hi there,

How are you?  So, it's been a while.   Perhaps too long.   Hey, want to see how the kids have grown?

Yep, it's been a while since I wrote.

 Tough to write when pain and health is up and down.  When I can't bear being vulnerable to an unknown audience.  When I try so many new treatments that help, and get new names, new paths that turn out to be dead ends...or not dead end, but not fixing ends.   It's hard enough to learn, hope, work and fail to get better...but to explain it in a blog post would be misery. 
 
Why the change, why start sharing now? 
 
Because it feels right.  It feels like I should share, and collect hope and prayer to help me on a new name for my same old problems.  And because people I love tell me that my experience with pain has helped others who are in pain.  And I feel better when I read blogs of people who have chronic health, of all kinds.


We have Lyme Disease. 
 
We...
 
Marks test came back positive Dec 2014
Emily's Jan 2015
Rachel Feb 2015. 
 

So what do you do when life give you Lymes?  you make Mojitos.   




 
With friends like these, who needs perfect health?
Mojito Kit (Limes, mint and sparkling water)
from the brilliantly funny minds of Amanda and Kim
Lyme can passed by tick bites ( I had a lot in elementary school), mother to child, and partner to partner.  And Lyme is never just Lyme.  It comes with a whole basket of co-infections.  Party in a bite!
 
We have decided with our doctors, that we won't test the other family members right now.  Its expensive, and we think the burden of balancing another persons complicated treatment would be too much on us, on me. 
 
There you have it.  The latest.   Going out on a limb, covering my eyes, writing this post, telling people who are free to be judgmental, outside my control, outside of my tiny Facebook community, outside my church. 

We are asking anyone, of any faith or belief to pray with us in one week, Sunday March 29.  When I get the words right, I'll post it here. 
 
For now, I better hit publish before I chicken out again.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find the support that you need and the strength and courage to let it out. Unfortortunately there will always be ppl who write discouraging and nasty things but you can always delete (yes I know that doesn't stop the sting from occuring, but at least it stops infecting others).... I know what it's like to have a chronic condition and have to have it managed and to be without answers. I hope you find some.... and ones thaat work! Good luck and God bless

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.