Monday, November 24, 2008

One upside to being so broken....


Nanny Julie! We love Nanny Julie. We've had 8 different nannies since my health took a down turn in May 2008. We've been blessed with two super nannies. Rachelle, whom we hugged and cried goodbye, is now in Africa and is a college student.
When she left, we quickly went thru 3 nannies. Two only lasted one day. After our nanny service couldn't find anyone who would work for our family, "too long, too hard," we were lost. Grant had to take time off work before a friend offered her sometimes babysitter, Julie. We liked her, she liked us, and she even quit her afternoon job at The Boys and Girls Club to work for us full time.


Julie is now the mom in the house from 8-6. On top of caring for the kids, supervising homework and chores for the big kids, cleans up the house....she also is potty training Katelyn AND she makes us a hot dinner every night. Usually from scratch. The table is all set and dinner ready when she leaves. Tonight doctor appointments and car repairs had Grant and I walking in the door right before 6pm. This is what greeted us.

Puff Oven Pancakes, French Toast, with fruit to top it with! WE LOVE YOU JULIE! And thanks God for answering our prayers for not just a nanny, but a replacement mom.

4 comments:

  1. Thats really nice to have her! Im excited for you to hold Mark. Thats the best, we cant wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, it's about freaking time you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would like to have my very own Nanny Julie, but I suppose I do not want the trade off of having to be sick and in bed! By the way you have "so offended" me because I am not on the list of people you share blood with!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.