Monday, January 4, 2010

Doctors, doctors, can’t I be well?

I’ve been more quiet that normal about my health.  I’m not sharing details anymore, since it makes me too vulnerable to painful comments.   My quiet does not mean I’m better.

Words I’ve heard this past months that I am or am not the subject of:

Do your Kegels

Intense cluster migraines (new record, 12 days!)

Edema and Tendinitis  in the butt (“gluteus medius musculotedninous unit*”) = Ultrasound machine on the butt. That’s just swell!  *hehe, the best info I found was on a senior health website!  Proof that I really am 60!)

Torn Labrum of the hip?  Not from sports, but from horrible position of my leg/knee in labor.  It should not be held up to your ear.

Gray342.png

“I don’t have any suspicion that you have Lupus, since so far your blood works shows none of the many markers for it.”

“Are you doing you kegels?

“Of the 7 forms of Celiacs Disease, only one is gut related”

Miyofascia massage (and or deep tissue) should be call pinching skin torture

“I want you to see me twice a week.”

“….with the needle giving a injection directly into the hip joint (for 90% MRI accuracy in seeing tears)”     ***Happy New Years Eve!***

Mild fraying (type 1 tear) of the anterior labrum

“Time doesn’t heal all wounds.  Time allows for processes”   -Jon Burner

Functional Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS) (yes, it could have been worse, despite not being able to write more than three handwritten pages)

tos boy

(had to share this super sexy photo that is one way to diagnose TOS. 

“I want you [to ALSO] see me twice a week.”

“…Painless Paralysis leading to exaggerated guarding, ask (yet another)doctor about Botox injections”

Clinical Hostility

“Make sure you do your kegels, and teach your teenage daughters to do it for their whole lives too.”

We’ll do lab work and follow up in a few weeks.

Looking up the real, current meanings of words is much more educational than leaning on your presumptions:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypomanic_episodehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gossip; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostility; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocondriac

I’m have signs of  addiction  to Lyrica (Pregabalin) more than any of my other pain killers.  Since that isn’t a narcotic, no one cares.  Other drugs on my list freak people out.  It sucks that there is only stigma related to narcotics.  

Looking back towards previous centuries: “Hyster wanders outside of the uterus = hysteria”  Something to ponder on.  This just proves how a woman in pain is to be counted: Worthless and “it’s all in her head”.  Luckily, I don’t have a single doctor who believes that.   Sadly, I’m one of few women who have supportive doctors.

 

For those of you still reading, you’re cool.

For those of you who clicked on a link or two,  you’re even cooler.

For those of you who realized that there is a difference between really crappy health and being afraid you might get crappy health, you get a gold star.

Now if you’ll excuse, I’ve got to do some kegels while I eat lunch.

 

 

(Dear Wikipedia,

I love you.  When I try to share the huge amount of info I have with friends, you are a great resource for the right info, condensed, without trying to sell me a supplement.  Thanks for being cool.  

Love, Rachel)

2 comments:

  1. I HATE doing Kegel exercises good luck with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right! I read the whole thing AND clicked on one of the links. This is the coolest I will be all week. Take care, Rachel. We have been thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.