Thursday, December 18, 2008

School snow day=catch up on Homework

SNOW!!! I know, people in my hometown are rolling their eyes. But we only get a "coat the yard, cover the car, can't see the moss on the lawn" snow once a year.

School was cancelled. The nanny cancelled work. Grant cancelled work. And my baby sister Christina arrived BEFORE the snow. I was so worried. I wasn't alone. All the local schools cancelled yesterday as the storm approached, then missed the Seattle metro area completely.
Recap: yesterday, no school, no snow

Today, no school, LOTS of SNOW!


This morning we had the kids catch up on homework. That won't be turned in until next year. (We assume like always, the snow will last a few days, turning the school week into Winter Break). Our kids have been slacking on homework, and the nanny isn't mommy. The nanny will say "do it" many times. Mommy will say "do it" then give graves threats. No computer for Alex. No friends for Emily.


Emily catching up with her reading minutes, Katelyn follows her example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.