Wednesday, December 24, 2008

#1, Cutting bangs......Things I'm bad at

Merry Christmas Eve...here are my Christmas Eve Eve musings.




#1 I suck at cutting kids bangs or hair.


#2 I suck at closing emotional cans of worms

#3 I suck at not caring what people think about me

#4 I suck at double negatives

#5 I suck at paying attention to my children

#6 I suck at being positive while I'm in pain.

#7 I suck at being positive when I'm down.

#8 I suck at letting sleeping dogs lie (IE, leaving emotional baggage shut)

#8 I suck at having photo calls free of children screaming.

#8 I suck at numbering.

#9 I suck at faking "I'm fine" when people ask "how are you?".

#10 I suck at gauging people's intelligences

#11 I suck at building my self esteem.

Really, I promise to do a positive list another day. I'm half laughing as I write this. I'd add pictures to prove my points, but then I'd get my ego bruised more by hurting peoples worms that are shoved into those cans.


But the main point of this is that I suck at cutting people's hair....

Before, getting her hair stuck in her peppermints ice cream float at FHE




After, happy that she can see again. Look at me! Look at the butchering I did to Katleyn. GRANT'S "bangs" are LONGER than his girls! I wish I could blame the snow for our bad hair cuts. But having a good haircut is VERY LOW on my daily living priority list. And I don't care to pay 10$ plus tip just for bangs. After spending an hour to get there, wait, clean up. Oh, and spending my few sitting hours getting a hair cut.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Nice numbering. If I find out the secret to not caring what people think about you, I'll let you know. It's impossible to please everyone. I think what some people love about me, others hate. If I were to change, the people who love those qualities might be upset.

    Take one of my friends for instance. She is very outspoken and says what's on her mind no matter how outrageous it is. Some people think it's absolutely hilarious and others think it's offensive. It would be a shame if she changed because I find her hilarious, but I think she does tone it done for a different audience. :)

    I plan on growing Carmen's bangs out so I don't have to pay for it or screw them up. :-D

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.