Wednesday, December 31, 2008

He walks, for his mom, on Christmas Eve

Can it get any better than this?

I was just thinking of a year ago.  Being pregnant with Mark.  Huge, uncomfortable.  Unable to eat most foods without a gallbladder attack.    And this year, still hurting.  But baby Mark was here! 

I picked you up, and we giggled as I nibbled on Mark's chunky arms and legs.  He laughs so easily.  Peek-a-boo is a great game.  Then I stood you up, hoping to get to see your first steps.  I was worried that Nanny Julie, or your siblings, or Dad would get the first steps.  We knew he was on the verge of walking.   Mark could stand and do squats without holding on to anything. 

Christmas Eve, after the big kids were in bed.  After Santa had come.  Grant was on the computer in the bedroom.  Stina was on the laptop in the living room.  And Mark and I were laughing and learning and having our own private moment in the family room. 

He took his first step for me.  Then we tried again, and he took two steps before falling into me.  In no time Mark was  taking more steps.  His record in the first hour of taking a step is 10 steps in a row.    I hope this video of Mark's first night of walking is enjoyed.

This video was taken in the glow of the Christmas lights, within the hour of Mark taking his first step.   Mom Rachel is in the baggy blue PJ's.  Aunt Stina is in the red. 

(Geek Grant wants you to know that we're using this as a test of Google's and Microsoft live's video services)

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I cant believe he is walking! How exciting and a great gift for you. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be a much better mom then me. Way to encourage little Mark to walk.
    I was sad when Joseph started walking. I truly tried to delay it as long as possible and was know is pull him down when I caught him trying. But in the end he spent a day with his Grandpa Buck and was walking across the room by the end of it. I hope Mark takes walking more slowly then Joseph. Joseph was running and climbing ladders within a week.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.