Monday, December 8, 2008

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone....

Ahh, Sun! So bright, So warm...warmer...hot...my face is really hot! Um, I think my lips are burning.

Don't I wish this was my tale about my mini-vaycay (mini-vacation to those of you who don't read seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com . Nope. No sunny beaches. No sun even this weekend. That's part of life in the winter in the Northwest.

Another part of winter in the Northwest in low levels of Vitamin D. It's a chronic problem that western medicine is finally doing enough papers to get people's attention. When Alex was born, 9 years ago, in the winter, they asked if he nursed or breastfed. When Mark, my February Baby, had his last wellchild visit, they asked what we fed him and if we had started supplementing him yet. Yep, adding drops of Vitamin D to his bottle. It's so common, that even our tiny supermarket pharmacy has six different kinds, three different brands of vitamin D.

My personal doctor is ahead of the curve. She's been watching my vitamin D since my first pregnancy. supplements are great, when you actually absorb them. I'm not. So lucky me (this time not sarcastic, really lucky me) I get to tan!

I have doctors orders to tan twice a week to bring my levels up. It's such a hardship to leave the screaming children and the rain (yes, Sarah, I know...if I only brought them out of the rain, they wouldn't scream.) But I will suffer, nay I will sacrifice for the good of my health. (there is the sarcasm, or is it the martyrdom?)

For those of you who haven't ever tanned (not that I'm judging those who actually want their skin darker)...you know how awesome you feel after it. I use a super high bed and get 22 blissful moments of sun. After I feel like I had a light massage and/or had laid on a relaxing beach on a perfect day and/or have been served a great cocktail while I lounged by the pool. Ahhh, bliss.

If any of you have moved from anywhere sunny to Seattle, especially in your first winter, GO TAN!!!! It will be just like normal life (sun damage wise) as a week in Denver. And the tanning high lasts for days. So now, as it is dark and rainy, I don't mind. My lips are burned,my skin is dry, and my mood is bright. :) Of course, the lips would be fine if I would remember any lip balm, and my skin breaks out at the tanning lotions that keep you from getting dry...my that's my bad. My mood makes up for it all.

Sorry, no photos....the photo button doesn't work right now, and I've got dinner and FHE to attend tonight. No more bedblogging for me! Now I'll go and have another Pina colada.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you make tanning sound wonderful! It is so cold here in wyoming, in the teens.

    Take care,
    Love Holly

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.