Thursday, January 29, 2009

Flashback: How to make Jell-O festive (2007)

7 months pregnant and tears came when I thought about my Christmas Eve dinner. What's a girl to do who can't have fat without triggering a gall bladder attack?

Pre-christmas and Utah christmas 213 (Rachel and Grant)

Just because I could only eat Jell-O and oatmeal without pain, didn't mean Christmas Eve dinner wasn't special...I cut apricot Jell-O into turkeys and strawberry Jell-O into pigs.

Pre-christmas and Utah christmas 216

Yes, Grant did drive all over town, on Christmas Eve, but I got what I wanted. A pig and turkey cookie cutter. (Don't I have a great husband?) Despite my health, I had Ham and Turkey for dinner! I could claim that I had a vegetarian Christmas. But I can't claim Vegan. I know where gelatin comes from.

What have you done to make a restrictive diet "festive"?

1 comment:

  1. I would write myself IOU's for an awesome dinner later. ;-D

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.