Sunday, January 18, 2009

How did THAT happen?

I have 4 kids?  How did THAT happen? Yes, I know how babies are made.   I remember the painful labors that put them in my arms.  Still,  4 little ones that call me mom is odd.  Mark's pregnancy and life has been backstage most times to my health.    He was 10 months old on Christmas Eve. 

Christmas Eve 2008, Mark Walks 114

 We had lit a fire, and were about to toast marshmallows.   I did photos with each kid in front of the fire.  Then a group shot.  I have photos from every Christmas at home like this. 

10 months after the labor and delivery of Mark, I saw this photo, and realized, with all my heart and mind, FOR THE FIRST TIME, that

I  REALLY  HAVE 4 CHILDREN!!! 

4 children call ME mom!   

(at the same time I was a bit sad.  I only have 4 children.  :(  Mom of more than 4 is not to be my calling.  The more I say it out loud, the more I hope to  come to accept it)

It really did happen!   I'm not just the babysitter! 

I finally remembered to post this photo because last week I had my second, "I really have 4 kids" moment.  It was when I gave all 4 insurance ID cards to the kid's chiropractor.  seeing all 4 lined up on the copier just hit it home. 

When did it hit you that you the parent of your children?  Or has it hit yet?

4 comments:

  1. I know it logically. It just kind of blows my mind that I made it through pregnancy and childbirth 4 times. Time has passed so quickly, it seems impossible that I would already have 4 children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a parent? I feel sorry for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes it hits me--mostly i try to forget. it's kinda hard though--like today at lunch when i had 3 out of the 4 talkers saying "mommy" over and over again to get my attention. thank goodness the twins don't count for much yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily when I have those "woh, is this my reality?" moments when it hits me that I'm a mom and have two little kids, it's during the good times when I'm feeling really lucky that they're here and part of my life. Those times are not that often lately now that I have a two year old! Kudos to you for having 4 beautiful kids!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.