Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ever asked a stranger for a photo?

 

Nanny saw it. 

Costco.  

I thought it would be fun to ask for his photo.  That idea brought joy to my heart, so I followed it. 

Followed it to the man with the awesome mustache.

IMAG0314

Rachel:  Excuse me,

Man with Mustache:  Yes?

R:  sorry to bother you, but I love your mustache

M with M (pauses from unloading the stuff on the checkout):  (smiles)

R (fast): I was wonder, if you didn’t mind, if I wouldn’t be weird, but it’s so cool, can I take your picture? 

M with M (slowly):  “sure!  You know, this is the second time I’ve been asked that by a stranger.  The other lady said she was doing a book on mustaches, and now mine is in it!”

R:  (click of camera phone)  Cool!  I’ve got it, see, you look great!

M with M, looking a the complex camera phone I just shoved in his face":  Oh.  Look at that.

R:  Well, Thanks!  (turning to walk away) Have a great day!

M with M:  You have a great day too!

 

And I did. 

3 comments:

  1. I asked a strange to take his picture to send to a guy in our ward who could have been his twin or brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ask to take a picture of my mustache, I'll cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love moments like this. I would have asked too! Aweseome mustache!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.