Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Everything’s coming ups ROSES

I’ve got the best visiting teacher EVER!  (Don’t know what visiting teaching is?  Click here!  Today I’m only allowed to eat clear liquids.  hur-rah.  Back to my ever familiar diet of Jell-O, chicken broth, and juice.  I’m so hungry, that even the crumbs stuck in the cracks of Mark’s high chair.  Have you ever REALLY been that hungry?  It’s like fasting all day, then the next day finding out someone you LOVE needs you to fast for them.   So if you do know how this feels, you’ve either

Point….my visiting teacher didn’t know.  But someone else did….and that someone whispered in her ear at the store today. 

IMAG0315

Thanks Tammy R!  More proof that you really are an angel.

So 3 of 7 are done.  I’ve had fun reading magazines.   J/K.  I don’t think I got to read a single one.

I’ve got one band-aid on each cheek,  and since then have had DRAMATIC reduction in pain.  I even did some chores, long car rides, AND went to Costco today.  I haven’t done that without pain in…years?  I can’t remember what it’s like not to have that pain when I walk and stand….nor can I remember when I last had no pain. 

I’m happy and laughing and joking….having many options for pain relief, and many tests to find the true nature of the beast is bring me life.  I just pray they can be sure, so I don’t have another unnecessary procedure.   And better, so I can have few more unnecessary days of pain.  

 IMAG0310

Photo:  My lucky flower dress and I, laying in the backseat as we drove to Seattle yesterday for #1 and #2. 

I must say, pain is sure better for the moments you are given and enjoy flowers :)  And I sure have been lucky enough to receive so many this year!  (shout out to Vicki M. who brought by cheerful Gerber Daisies when I was having that rough week, what a great neighbor!  I’ll write you a thank you note as soon as I’m out of pain!)

 

p.s.  You were partly right.  I had a painful day when I had Julie photograph me a few posts ago.   Grant said that “the work I did to the photo made it look even more sad and depressing.” I laughed and said, nothing!  Then it hit me…all my photos on my cell phone look like that.  But how would you know?   But for this blog, before I lost my good camera, that photo looks like it was taken in a dark, dreary room.   Sorry!  Look for more “depressing” photos, since I’m forced to use my camera phone or nothing. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you're using a fog lens. Here I was thinking you told Grant, "I need you to use the fog lens!"

    This post made me happy.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.