Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another set of wings earned today...

The nanny came down with the stomach flu a day after us. 

No sitter for the kids today.    And Grant needs to drive me thru a day of tests. 

With a nights notice, she comes.   With her Grandson.

And watches my recovering babies.

And empties the dishwasher.  And does a load of laundry. 

And puts in another load of laundry.  She even does the nasty stuff in the corner. 

My house looks tidy and clean.  I did notice it as I stumbled from the car, into bed.

And now that the meds have worn off, and I'm awake.   And I see even more.   And I remember how many Pedialite trips she made for us.  

And when all the laundry was done, she folded it and put it away.   The kids haven't had such love in a chore done for them in a while.    

It has been 4 years at least since I have folded my laundry.   And a bit less since I've put away their clothes for them. 

She feeds my kids.   And we barely get back in time for her to go welcome home her own school kid.   

And my kids are happy.  And the house is clean. 

An Angel has been here today.   And she'll come back soon to drive me to my next appointment. 

This is Tammy R.

 image

She has been a friend and cheerleader for years.  She is also my new secondary VT.     She's done so much for me in past years.   But today was the biggest.  Today was my big tests, after a fun (stomach) filled weekend, she was there.

THANK YOU TAMMY R!

PS...

Moments before I published this, I heard Mark cry.  Then cry and CRY.  When I entered his room, the smell told it all.   I rushed him into a hot bath.  But towels?   I knew I had used the last towel in my closet on Saturday.   Would I have to take this sick, shivering baby with me across the house to find a basket of clean towels?

IMG_5477

Nope.  What an angel you are, towels on the shelve, a arms length away from wet Mark. 

Thanks Tammy, you are a great friend!   Now I hope you wake up tomorrow without a single ache or pain.   It does work that way, right?

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have a picture of me. I hate pictures of me! They look to much like me.

    Happy to help you out.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.