Monday, March 30, 2009

On the first day of spring break.....RACHEL RAN

I felt good!  Hurrah!   So Nanny Julie , the four kids, her puppy and I all went too...the beach!   I can't tell you how great every moment was, to feel healthy and stronger as I played and ran and loved my children.  Hopefully I am blessed with more days like this before I'm sliced, diced and bedridden again.    But, until that, I will have fun: 

Spring Break in Seattle

IMG_6163

In 40 degree weather, in the wind.  Everyone was cold, but happy.  This is our favorite short stop place:  The Kirkland water front. 

IMG_6140

Someone finally liked our old Oyster Cracker:  The Ducks. 

Which meant more ducks got close enough to chase.  Above is Havoc, thinking he can run fast enough.   Below is Kate, with defeat on her face after ANOTHER duck she almost touched dared to FLY AWAY!  Boy, did she love and hate those ducks (and seagulls).  She had so much love to give them, why didn't they let her pet them?IMG_6158 IMG_6159

 

 

 

 

 

The big event I watched was Havoc's first jump in a lake  IMG_6118(I didn't say push, Julie!)  The water was freezing.  Only Alex in his boots and Havoc got in.   We did have towels to warm those who got wet.

 

 

We finished off our mini-outing with a trip to Ben and Jerry's ice cream store.  Yep.  We're all freezing, and we went for ice cream.  True Zmolek runs in our blood .  (but not Julie's, she got coffee too!)

IMG_6176

 

See, I didn't forget photos of Alex and Emily!  

For some reason we had the store to ourselves at 11am.  Everyone was happy to stay inside and eat. 

If you have a B&J store nearby, the new season flavors are in.  We loved Coconut Layered Bar:  Bit of graham cracker, chocolate chunks, Walnuts, all in a coconut flavored and laces ice cream.   ONLY IN SCOOP STORES!

Then Julie  drove us home.  She's such a great, safe driver.  The kids fought over who got to hold the puppy.  Julie has this to say:

IMG_6182

Yes, we are lucky to keep the nanny with us now, so that she can help us all after the next surgery.  So now it's just a fun time before the hard time.   Don't judge us on having a nanny.   I needed her when we got home, overdone, and I fell asleep for 3 hours. 

Happy Spring break to you all....

What did you end up doing (or will do for those still waiting?)

2 comments:

  1. Love the ice cream cone in the mouth, it made me laugh. I thought hmmm if rachels post made me laugh she must be having fun~ Don;t worry I don;t judge ya. I would love to have a nanny just so I could get housework done! LOL Loved this post keep it up, I want to hear more!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.