Monday, March 9, 2009

We got a puppy!

He lives in the living room (wood floors), on an old blanket and pillow.

IMG_5787

Mark thinking he's in control of the leash

IMG_5796

Katelyn, barking and shaking like the cold puppy

birthdays and throw ups 283

Mark and Katelyn stick their fingers in to compete for puppy licks.  They loved it on the first day....now two weeks later, not so much!

birthdays and throw ups 390

Emily plays and runs with the puppy, when she will put him down.

birthdays and throw ups 385

Alex even puts up with the puppy's natural play activities.

So, do you still think we're crazy for getting a new puppy with all the health problems on top of caring for 2 kids still in diapers?

.

.

.

.

.

.WE THINK WE'RE CRAZY TOO!

.

.

.

.

That's why we didn't do it.

birthdays and throw ups 269

This is Nanny Julie, the puppy's real mom!

His name is Havoc.  He's a French/English Bull Dog.  He was 8 weeks old when Julie got him, and he started coming to work with her. 

And he's incredibly cute and fun for the 8 hours he's with us. 

And he's even cuter at night when he cries at Julie's house and not ours!

And yes, I am allergic to dogs.  But he's so cute, it's therapeutic.  So I just take extra Benadryl to deal with it.  Besides, he's so tiny, and shedding so tiny (for now)

6 comments:

  1. Phew! I'm glad he's not yours but I'm also glad that you get a noncommittal relationship with such a cute puppy! I just wouldn't wish all that extra work on you- the loves yes but not the extra work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he a pug? (The kind of dog that tends to snort.) He's very cute! I love puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...no. I don't think He's a pug. He's a baby BULLDOG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and Sarah, I'm just being mean to you b/c you won't tell me who helped you. :(*** (the * is me blowing rasberries on you)

    THANKS D! I'm glad it's not ours too, but it sure is fun to see the looks on people faces, and it's something to talk about besides health. and kids that I don't see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me going there for a minute! I thought, "Are you insane???" but then again, sometimes doing the "insane" is the only thing that keeps you sane! So nice that you get to vicariously have a puppy! We have started to foster bunnies from the Humane Society. We take care of them as if they were ours, but we don't own them. Anyone who sees their picture on the website can ask to buy them, but we don't have to keep them forever, we don't have to pay for vet visits and we can trade them in for different bunnies if we get bored with the ones we have (or give them back when we go on vacation!). Seems perfect for me! My Rachel would like to keep them for good, but I keep telling her, mom is not decided on this yet, so we are only fostering for now! They sure are entertaining, though! Great therapy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.