Saturday, March 14, 2009

The neighborhood crazy lady, proof II

birthdays and throw ups 344

So, just thought I'd share this with the world wide web.   Since my neighbors already saw.   More proof that I am the neighborhood crazy lady

Wednesday night.  Two weeks ago.  8pm.   My two little kids were fussing beyond human toleration. 

So what does the neighborhood crazy lady do?

Hmm..she's still wearing the same thing she woke up on.  T-shirt.   And added a bathrobe for the family.  

Fussy baby is naked.  Except for a diaper.   He's very warm inside Mom's bathrobe.  And with the belt tied tight, it's almost like a baby sling.

Fussy toddler is still wearing her PJ's.   A shirt and a diaper. 

No one has brushed their bedhead.

And yes, it really is 8 o'clock at night. 

Mom and toddler put on boots.  Cause when it's cold outside, t-shirt and boots are the way to go.     Baby tucked in robe. 

Now is the perfect time to leave the house, walk down the street, and get the mail.  

Not crazy enough?  We sang preschool songs, and danced.  

And were happy.   Like this:

IMG_5681

We were happy.  For a long moment.   And then we came back into the house and it was all over.

And it felt good.   I can't wait for happy to come back for longer.

p.s.   I'm glad Kate got the Zmolek cheekbones. (photo from Sunday)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a bazillion happy days ahead. Mark was adorable today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Cute smiles! Remember to have them always. I always remember that rachel said it was alright to laugh and forget about the laundry once in awhile and to just tlive life. Your kids will appreciate your happy mom and not the mom that is upset and depressed. Thank you for telling me these great words of wisdom. Of course my house still looks like SH--. But I remember your words and I get through my day. It's ok to be the neighborhood crazy lady as long as you are happy while you are doing it! LOVE YOU! HAVE A GREAT CRAZY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW I have the same pink crazy lady robe. We can be twins in or ubber cool robes!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.