Friday, August 14, 2009

Bet you wish you had a bedroom drawer like mine.

I’ve been craving these again.  I even ran out to stock up for the weekend.  Literally, ran to the car 30 minutes before the nanny clocked out.  You know, I need my rewards for those two days I act more like a parent.  The Weekend

IMG_9345

I went to put them in their normal place.  My top dresser drawer.  Even the kids know that’s where mommy hides her treats.  And my knife.    I was in a hurry to move them from the grocery bags in the kitchen to my room.  The kids were busy with laundry/movie, so I could avoid tasting requests.  I opened my drawer, and  it hit me that I was really helping my new meds cause weight gain.  There was no room!

IMG_9346

So I cleaned up: an empty Krispy Rice Chocolate Bar, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip cookies,  a half eaten solid Easter bunny, Yellow bags that held chocolate coins (And lots of little  gold foil that you can’t see,) an empty bag of Rolos, an empty Ritter Sport chocolate dipped cookie bar, 1/5 of an organic Butter Toffee Crunch bar (it was nasty, but desperation led me so slowly eat that much) ; and a nearly empty bag of M&M’s.  There is also a nearly full bag of blueberry pomegranate nut clusters.  Nuts are my attempt to eat something besides chocolate and pretzels. 

I thought I was done.  As I put in today’s Yogurt Dipped Pretzels , I found more:   Bubble Gum, the lid to Costco chocolate covered almonds, with a few stowaways.  Another attempt at health, and unopened Clif bar.  Sweet Tarts from my 9th Anniversary.  (I don’t like them, they are bribes for cub scout goal time.   Some of the Hard candy from stockings of Christmas ‘08.

IMG_9349

Then I found another attempt at “Healthy”.  These cashews were covered in enough sugar and coconut, that the bag is nearly flat.   Note, this is another Costco find, and it’s Costco sized. 

IMG_9348

Done, right?  Nope!  As I moved my cell phone box aside, I found more.  I also found my self cursing that I went back for a second bag of pretzels. 

IMG_9350

Mmmm, I remember this one!  It was really good.  Just Swiss enough to enjoy.  Just dark enough to stop at one square.  The only reason it survived this long is because it slipped behind that cell phone box.  

Of course, my newly acquired ten pounds got something more than a workout to the trash can.  Gold at the end of the Rainbow of Wrappers:

IMG_9353

Sweet!  Two lost Rolos! 

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I hear the kids screaming.  It will take at least 8 pretzels hiding in my bathrobe pocket to get thru bedtime.  I’ve got to open a bag and put on a robe before I hear, “MOOOOOOOMMMM!”

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen the likes...and I felt ashamed that our Costco bag of chocolate chips disappears eventually even though I never bake cookies...

    Good luck getting through the weekend, though, and also in finding "healthy" rewards for being a mom.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have celery in my drawer. And tofu.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.