Friday, August 7, 2009

Mark’s Birth Song

I heard it first on Ellen.  I love it.  We can record TV, so I got to play that song a few more times.   I fell in love. 

I was laying on the couch when I first heard it.  I thought it was just pregnancy that was making me hurt when I stood.  It was more.  More than even doctors now can tell me. 

I got the CD, I remember with joy finding it at Target.  Because I didn’t get out much. 

I chose this song for my 4th baby because I loved him.  And I wanted him to love me.  But I already knew it would be a different ‘Baby’s first year’.   So I wanted him to “take me the way I am.”  It turned out to be the best song as I was stuck with a broken body, and this song helped me cry and speak the words, 

I love you Mark, do you “take me the way I am?”  Love me the way I am?  Because I knew that “I love you more than I can ever promise”

and as he grows, I want him to know that I will always take him the way he is. 

So here it is, as long as the link works…Mark’s birth song

“The Way I Am” by Ingrid Michaelson from her “Girls and Boys” CD 

PS:  Even though I call them “birth songs”, I only enjoyed them during pregnancy and/or infancy.  I never (I think) labored, nor gave birth, during the song.  But “birth song” fits better than “baby song”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.