Friday, August 7, 2009

Katelyn’s Birth Song

Katelyn….oh how I had waited for Katelyn.   Cried for years to have another baby.   And I got healthy.   And it was finally okay.  

As I prepared for getting pregnant(a months long process for me), Grant started to look for names.  I still remember him waking me up one night to show me a list of “Katelyn’s”.   “Which one do you like the best?”  Grant urged me awake.  I pointed.  It was Grant’s favorite too.  So she was named.  Like, a year before she were born.  Good thing she was a girl!

The birth song was harder.  I think I like something new by Sting or Bonno the year she was born.  I listened and listened, and picked something. 

Then she born.  And my sister, Julie, came to help.  Julie lives by music…where I just forget to turn it on.  She brought the new Jack Johnson CD, along with her twin girls.   The twins and Emily were all 4 1/4.  They were like triplets.  Triplets dancing in the kitchen to Jack Johnson.  Everyone’s favorite song was “Upside Down”.  Dancing and spinning, with Julie holding new baby Katelyn.  The CD was the soundtrack to the current movie “Curious George”

Of course that became Katelyn’s song.   Later Curious George became a PBS cartoon.  Guess who fell in love with it?  The birth song was a perfect fit.  So I give you:

Katelyn’s birth song, “Upside Down” by Jack Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.