Monday, October 26, 2009

In the church news

A choir event I was in made it into the church news.

I was part of a stake choir that joined with 6 other church choirs at the local catholic church.  It was an incredible event, one I hope to see every year. 

Since the event happened on Conference Sunday, we were able to accept the invitation.  The only thing sweeter than the spirit was the homemade baklava at the following cookie reception. 

So great! 

You can’t see me in the group photo.  I’m behind the choir director. 

http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/58055/Unity-of-faith-Six-churches-combine-for-choir-and-program.html

It was such a great even that I’m joining the Stake Christmas Choir.  It will be painful after 1 hour choir, 3 hours of church before the 1 1/2 hour choir rehearsal every Sunday.  But I always feel happy singing in the choir.   A happy event, especially on Sunday, is so rare for me.  I’m willing to put myself in physical pain to get it.

Oh, and  you know how I mention pain so much?  You’re probably sick of hearing me say it.  I say it because I’m always feeling pain.  I’ve been told, “Oh, I forget you’re in pain.”   Gee, thanks.  Note to kind friends, don’t tell someone you forgot you were in pain if you don’t want to be thought of as rude.   

Oh, there I go again, I my normal, worse than usual, Sunday grumps.   

But do read the article.  You might surprise yourself by enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.