Friday, October 23, 2009

Mountains ahead

I could go on and on about how this is a metaphor for my recovery.

But really, I wanted this picture to show my kids that I love them. I love them enough to save them from folding and puting these away. They would rather clean toilets.

Every towel and kitchen towel we own is waiting in this piles. Lots of table cloths, sheets, and blankets also thrown in. It was a messy week at our house two weeks ago. I have little memories as to why, just this pile left to prove it. Like a pile of ashes proves there once was a fire.

And here, a week after wash day, they still stand. I'm getting quite good at looking the other way.

But today my heart is glad I waited. I'm glad I have something to keep my hands busy as Amy B goes to the church. I'm so worried as she attends the private funeral she planned. For the baby that should still be kicking, but instead has left palpable grief.

There is little I can do to change their world.

So I fold laundry. A task I would have given away. A task that is to be celebrated, for I'm strong enough to contemplate it. And hopefully I'll prove that I was strong enough to finish it.

Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.