Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What’s wrong with me, The short story (Sept 2009)

Hello friend and thanks for reading this.

I realize I need to update my sidebar:what is wrong with you.  Not only have things changed, but I’ve had new friends read this and still be confused on “what I have”.

So here is how I describe to people what I have.

The short story:

Got pregnant with #4.  At 2 months pregnant, I was in as much pain as I usually felt at 9 months pregnant. (pain)  I laid down everywhere, even the church pews.  I developed thrombosed hemorrhoids at 7 months, and had surgery to remove them (lots of pain.) 

I didn’t gain any weight, because my gallbladder was broken.  (more pain) When Mark was 6 weeks old, I had it taken out.    I also had bleeding, and found out I had a rectal fissure that was now chronic.  So I had surgery to fix it (baby was ~3 months old).   That gave me pain that made me cry to think about sitting.

I blew out a back disk during pushing, and had surgery when the baby was 8 months old.   It left me with permanent  nerve damage: pain in my back and leg. 

All this time, I still had pain like I was about to deliver a baby.  Like i got hit between the legs with a baseball bat.  If I laid down, it was minimal pain.  Within 5 minutes of standing, it was back.   Found out I had a prolapsed rectum, rectocele, prolapsed bladder( cystocele), prolapsed uterus.   Fix  April and June of 2009. 

I’ve had migraines all along, that have gotten worse and more frequent. 

Pain better, but still there.  Now using a Pain Management team to use Physical therapy and medications to control my pain.   

Even though I had my tubes tied, I have to take birth control to prevent periods.  It’s either that, or have excruciating pain, or a hysterectomy.   Phew, that really is the short story!

Of course, now I’m having more problems with my known narcolepsy :sleep paralysis, hypnagogic hallucinations, and EDS.   I’ve been so sleepy, I’ve slept in my car between appointments.  When you get sleep paralysis there, it’s very very scary!   Oh, and my newest addition: burning pain in my hip and thigh.  Fun time’s at our house, fun times!

That’s it.

For now.

Oct Update:  Why do I even  bother updating!  Just since I’ve written then, I’ve met with a sleep study person.   Turns out that snoring (poor grant, for sleeping with a Zmolek bear) can be a sign of sleep apnea.  Sleep apnea can lead to narcolepsy.   It’s great fun being me.    Just wait till I get older and I break down fast then I can fix me. 

Still want the long story?  Here.

3 comments:

  1. Almost my whole family has sleep paralysis. Luckily I only hallucinated the first time, but it was terrifying. Even more lucky, I knew what had happened to me because my mom has it.

    Years ago when I was seeing doctors, the neurologist was very interested when I told him about the sleep paralysis. He said he thought a lot of my problems were due to not getting enough deep sleep, which is when your body repairs itself from every day use. Things actually improved when I got pregnant with Jared. First time I slept through the night in a long time. I sleep much, much better than I used to.

    They also suggested I do two 15 minute walks per day because lengthy exercise would probably make me hurt more. I definitely notice a decline in my health when I'm sleep deprived. Glad you're looking into that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the rundown, it is confusing when I get it in bits and pieces (partly yours, partly my time to keep checking blogs) and now it makes more sense.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you. And I admire you for soldiering on through all that awful pain. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.