Saturday, October 24, 2009

What testimony has stopped me from leaving my church

I have a testimony.  It is broken in many parts.  But two things I could never deny.

I believe in the power of the priesthood blessings.  I had many blessings to help me before, during, and after my surgeries.  I record them and listen to them over and over.  I remember feeling so much peace then.  I trusted them in even my darkest days.  I still trust them today. 

I also believe in the temple.  I knew that if I went inactive, I would not be able to have a temple recommend if I left the church.  I feel so much peace in the temple.  I know the temple ordinances are true.  Even during these hard, hard times, I’ve never been able to ignore this testimony.  Losing my temple membership would crush me. 

So you may not be able to write an ensign article with your faith.  But what do you have a testimony of?

1 comment:

  1. I have a testimony of the Atonement. During times of overwhelming grief, I am amazed at what Christ took on for all of us. No matter what happens, Heavenly Father understands us and loves us.

    Can't say I've ever wanted to stop coming, although sometimes things can be difficult in callings or just being plain tired/sick. Even so, seeing everyone at church, taking the sacrament, and hearing the lesson in Relief Society are the highlight of my week. I can't count how many times I thought, "Bleh. I don't feel like getting out of bed." and then heard exactly what I needed to at church or had a nice chat with someone I would hate to have missed.

    Speaking of church, guess I better get ready! Looking forward to Amy's lesson about discipleship.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.