Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sound Track of my Youth


Can you guess my age?
Songs of my youth (click to watch the video on youtube)








Wait, wait, there were some boy bands I listened to...




Undone, The Sweater Song by Weezer (this one is way more sad than I remember)

Man, I feel like Woman Shania Twain (way more cheezy than I remember)


Love Shack by B52's (still makes me wanna dance, and get thrown in the air, swing dance style!)


You were meant for me by Jewel (man she looks young! She didn't at the time. I'm old!)

Zombie by The Cranberries (or anything Cranberries!)



Wannabe by The Spice Girls (gotta add if I'm being true to myself. Great Song the first 20 times)

Mr Jones by Counting Crows (think of my friends, The May girls, when I hear this)
And of course everyone cranked this up in a dark room after a break up



Haha, if I go back to my middle school years, I would add Again by Janet Jackson

Oh dear, this would be a lovely fill for my phone/MP3 player. YouTube is WAY more user friendly as i tried to search out the soundtrack of my youth.

So is this your soundtrack? Tell me what favorites I miss!

4 comments:

  1. Those definitely bring back loads of memories. But then we are the same age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not that much older than me most of these songs I remember from my youth too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I remember all the songs except for the one by the Wannadies. Never heard of them before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your a little younger than me, so I don't know all of them, but many of them. They remind me of college church dances!

    Some of the favorites from my youth:
    most anything by Erasure,
    Take On Me by Ah-Ha,
    anything by Depeche Mode (especially Enjoy The Silence),
    The Promise by When In Rome,
    Dead Man's Party by Oingo Boingo,
    You Spin Me Round by Dead Or Alive,
    Forever Young by Alphaville,
    Is Your Love Strong Enough by Yes,
    A Different Corner by George Michael,
    This Is Ponderous by 2Nu,

    ....so many fun songs! They take a person back.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.