Sunday, February 1, 2009

They say I'll laugh about this someday

Everybody sing along to Madam Blueberry's  "I'm so Blue"    (link)

I'm so blue-hu-hu,

IMG_4469

blue-hu-hu, hu,

IMG_4468

blue hu-hu, HU!

IMG_4470

I'm so blue I don't know what to do!

IMG_4473

I'm so blue-hu-hu

IMG_4472

blue-hu-hu,

IMG_4471

blue hu-hu HU!

IMG_4467

I'm so blue I don't know what to do!

Madam Blueberry might not have know what to do. But I knew!

Emily washed her hands. The blue stayed.

She loaded the dishwasher (she HATES that chore). The blue stayed.  But I felt better. 

She watched everything blue thrown away, including a Polly Pocket toys, and the carefully, hand colored blue baby wipes in a purple container.   I felt even better.

Then she was handed a few rags and turned the sink into a tub of Pine-sol. For once, she actually cleaned up! The mess didn't grow with her punishment! SWEET! I really needed a self motivated cleaner today. Now the bathroom looks like this....And I feel great!

IMG_4476

And because of all the scrubbing, her hands look like this......

IMG_4478

And right now those hands are in bed, where she is spending the next few hours for stealing blue food coloring.

Maybe next week I won't volunteer to stay home from church with sick kids. Grant just got home with Alex, the only healthy one. I'm turning the double infection Mark and fussy Kate and sore throat Emily over to Grant and going to BED!

Update....I never did get to go to bed.  Emily snuck out of her bed and watched TV. Grant found her. Now she's going to spend a lot more time in bed. She claims she's sick anyway. @%@$Mark is awake. His sinus infection is coming out his nose and eyes. And overnight it made a booger mustache. And it ate the skin, and he's got a bloody lip!   They are both going to see the doctor tomorrow.  Hope we get some sleep tonight.

5 comments:

  1. So what was she doing with the food coloring? Sara is sick too:( and we have to go to the docs tomorrow. Hope they feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was being naughty and deceitful....and trying to have fun in her own creative way. That's a Zmolek kid for you.

    Hope your doc visit went better than ours. Atleast no chest xrays today! But I'm exhaused and need to nap. With earplugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear, Funny, Sweet, Amazing Rachel! I want you to know I just read your blog from today, clear down to the bottom (for half an hour or more). And I LOVE YOU!!! When I am in pain or down, I simply shut myself off and ignore the world. You send the world your creative spin on pain, surgery, children, snow, sisters, and so much more! Please know that I think of you often. I also put you on the Prayer Roll here once or twice a month (week?) I really don't remember the frequency! But I remember how I love your goodness. G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gwen! I have felt the prayers at times, and have been blessed beyond measure when my last "drop of oil" or money or health or sanity was about to be spent.
    I'll have to tell you about an interesting experience I had the other day about people praying for me....

    ReplyDelete
  5. She could've chosen a color more appropriate for the nearest holiday. That was rude of her.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.