Monday, February 2, 2009

Why are do you alway lie down? What are you sick with?

It's complicated...how do answer this and avoid being tacky. This question sure feels like a new patient form that I've filled out many of. If I saw this person at church every week for 18 months, I'd wonder why too!



Just kidding, that's my friend/e-bff/diva/maestro Sarah who won't let me take her picture, so I'm getting back at her. And she put an unflattering one of me on her blog. XX, OO love you Sarah!
This is me, laying down on 4 chairs (instead of my normal 3) in the Relief Society Room. Today I've got smokin' stripped tights with my long dress, and a sexy silver satin pillowcase for my head.
Official Diagnosis' of Rachel (as of February 2009)
  • Hashimoto's Auto Immune Thyroid Disorder

  • Chronic back pain and herniated disks (One of the reasons I lay down a lot)

  • Permanent Nerve Damage in the Left S1 nerve root

  • Constant left foot pain because of the above nerve damage

  • Postpartum hormone deficient(need HRT to get out of bed)

  • Postpartum depression (ha! can you call it that when your hormones take a vacation?)

  • Environmental and Food Allergies

  • GERD, acid reflux

  • Low Iron

  • Low Vitamin D (both low D and Iron make you tired.)

  • Gallstones (yep, no more gallbladder for me)

  • Internal intussusception (prolapse)

  • Rectocele (yeah, it's actually grosser to have then to read)

  • tilted bladder

  • PELVIC FLOOR PAIN (yep, it's caps because the three above things cause so much pain, I feel like I've been hit between the legs with a baseball bat if I sit or stand for more than 90 minutes. So that's why I bring a pillow and lay down everywhere)

  • headaches

  • arm pain

  • Dependency on chiropractors...the headaches and arm pain go away then.

  • Chronic Drama Queen, which is really why I lay down. I like to show off my custom made pillow cases. And have people look at me. And also get to read People magazine in the doctors office, because it's too dang expensive for my own subscription.

Now you know. Maybe next time you won't ask or won't click. Sometimes it's nice to be blissfully ignorant

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!!! When you click on my name, it goes to providentliving.org.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, you are such a whinner...."stop taking my picture while I play the piano!" "fix my link, it goes to a mormon site" "stop calling me at 3am"
    I just don't know if I can keep giving and giving in our relationship.

    :) (To those of you who don't know Sarah, this is really funny)

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.