Sunday, May 3, 2009

Another place I don’t want to be, the ER

I was finally resting, with pain far from my brain.

Then Screams.  And more screams.  

I get up and Mark is dotted in blood, as is the door, floor and his clothes.   Later Emily and I looked around and think that he cut it on a rock from Emily’s collection (she picks them walking home from school)

And I broke the rule.  I broke it.  I picked Mark up.  I picked him up, while squatting.  I might have broken the surgery.  I might have ruined it all. 

So now we are at Children’s Hospital to get evaluated for stitches.   I think I might be stupid.   He’s part of THE hand on his lap, mirrored by Grant hand and his lap.

Mark hand lap

But we have been approved, we don’t have the swine flu, so we can go into the normal entrance  (This is the sticker we got at the ‘pre-entrance’ so that we got to be with the non-flu people.  We each have one)

flu sticker

So we wait.  At least we have the fall back of his runny nose and perhaps ear infection.  Thanks Petersons and maybe Blacks for watching our older three.

And I’m probably wrong.   I’m probably just wasting our time and his money. 

****UPDATE*****

we are stupid parents.  Can’t get it right when it’s needed.  Do it right when it’s wrong.  Mark’s finger is fine.  It will bleed, but no problem for stitches.  And…no ear or real sinus infection.  But even the doc can feel his HOT HOT, pokey gums where his first molars are trying to come out all together. 

Stupid.  

Tired.

Hungry.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are BOTH alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is a relief to be a stupid and overcautious parent. New teeth is much better (though no less uncomfortable) than a sinus and ear infection. It's nice to have a reason behind the madness even if it isn't the one you originally suspected.

    I hope you have not destroyed the surgery... keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agh! How stressful. I hope none of your operated on parts were damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free SHREADING of your old documents! FREE!
    June 13
    Verity Credit
    1660 s. columbia way Seattle
    and
    Veriry Credit
    18530 33ave west
    Lynwood

    May 30
    City of clide hill
    3300 and 92ave NE yarrow point


    10am to 2 pm on all sites

    about 2 box limit per person
    Cost:free! Sponsered by the places that you go!!!!

    Don't believe it? Call them at
    1877 60-shred, or check out some stuff online at shredit.com.

    I went to their HQ years ago to get some church stuff shreaded. It's turned into stuff that NO ONE can read, way better than a home shreader.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.