Saturday, May 16, 2009

Just watching a drowning...not planning

Just wanted to clarify... I did not plan or throw emily a party. It was her friends. That friends mom is my dear friend and pain companion.

I knew I couldn't help much for this party. I did take some photos. Years gone by, I enjoyed many parties of many friends as craft or activity person. This time all I was good for was "8 year old herding and I'll yell if someone drowns." and taking pictures. Which is what was doing before the drowning and why everyone ignored my yells for help. Yes, redmond pool life guards... ψ

Uncle mike says ulcer been reading too much "catcher in the rye". Huh? I don't know if I ever read that in my ghetto high school with the english teacher,who believed the Holocaust was made up by hollywood... Yes. Really.

Point is...even if I was healthy I would never do a pool party. Of course that's easy to say after watching the same girl almost drown twice unnoticed by all. But me.

And I'm not doing well enough for emily to have a birthday party this year. She is lucky we are even going to let her get baptized this year. Inviting school friends and neighbors to that with cake afterwards makes my body ache to think... Less than a month or 2 till then!

And no, we can't do the easy thing and have cake at the church. Rules changed...now home only treats so other kids don't feel bad if they didn't have a spread at their baptism.

Is it the same in your ward?

1 comment:

  1. Is Emily not getting baptized in Utah? I thought you said that was the plan. Or maybe you're not quite feeling up to a long trip, taking pictures of all sorts of floors? ;-D

    The no refreshments at the church thing was a real bummer when we had Jared's. I underadvertised because of that. Having it at someone else's house wasn't a good option because of the timing, so I thought if there were a modest attendance, I could cram a few people in our apartment for sundaes. With a large attendance, I didn't want to say, "Some of you are invited over for refreshments and some of you are not", so I didn't ask for a mass e-mail to be sent out or anything. (Having refreshments wasn't majorly important to me, but I had invited some friends who lived quite far away and I didn't want them to leave hungry.)

    Which led to Jared saying, "Man ..... No one's here." Ugh. Poor Jared. If it were Eric's baptism, I'm sure he would've been thrilled with the lack of attendance. I'm betting he will say at his baptism, "There are too many people here!"

    But it was a very nice baptism. :)

    What gives with the lifeguards not lifeguarding? That's lame.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.