Wednesday, May 27, 2009

…until you wiped the rice scoop on your na-nas!

I’ll tell you the first part of that sentence, that story at the end…

We are home.  Visiting family was good for the soul.  Hard on the body.  Even with all my tricks and rest and laying in odd places. 

As you can see, I had many surprise bathroom visits, making the car trip a bit longer.   I’ve got a great husband who drove the whole time while I laid in different seats. 

Point is….party is over.  On many counts.  I’m 5 weeks and 5 days out of surgery.  I’m also 8 weeks away from my next surgery.  

Yep.  Another one.  This one is just cause the anesthesiologist is SO HOT!  Too bad I’m asleep for most of our dates.  Cause he is really hot

Seriously, I now need to get my “ newly straightened” rectum (ew, horrible word, I know!  Sorry if you were eating or pregnant!)  anyway, that part, I need to get it “pleated”.   Like a skirt.  I have flabby muscles in a place that NEEDS muscle tone to do its job.  There are no “exercises” I can do to fix it.  If I want it to work, they take the existing muscle and fold it over itself, and wait for scar tissue to bind the muscle tighter. 

It’s an in and out surgery, home that day to be in pain.  For 1-2 weeks, they say.  I hear 1-2 months.

So all this is in my head.  And I finally connect with my surgeon about the current pain status, only to be told it’s time to turn my case over to the pain management people.  “It’s not me, it’s you.”  

Pain.  Sucks.  Pain. Is. Crappy.

No matter what the cause, no matter how extensive it is….

Pain Sucks.   And some days, no matter what, pain becomes

PAIN

Today is one of those days.   I can’t even share with you how intense and overwhelming and all penetrating it is to body, mind and spirit.

And the end of the day is filled with even more crap.  An overwhelmed husband watched Mark open door knobs on his first try now that he’s evidently tall enough.  More barriers gone.  An overwhelmed husband turns to see this is the night….

This is the night MARK LEARNS TO RIP OFF HIS DIAPER!

IMG_0965

Grumpy Grant is busy making the bedtime bottle….then turns to find a nakie Mark with a kitchen tool.  Then I hear,

“Mark!  I was going to snuggle with you….BEFORE you wiped the rice scoop on your na-nas!”  

Oh!

Somehow

In a sick, sick way,

I feel better knowing that I’m not the only one suffering!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha!/I'm so sorry you're in pain/Glad you're home safe/Sorry for lame reply - typing one handed.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.