Tuesday, December 22, 2009

9.30 am

Photo is of emily and mark, a near home.

930 am
Nanny walks in the door.
Gathers kate for ot.
Alex cries as he has to choose between wearing 1 of 4 slippery fabric gym pants or paying me 20 dollars. At the store he solidly agreed he would wear them. So I bought them. That was a month ago. This fight was delayed because he wore shorts to school, even on cold days. Once the frost arrived, I took them out of his drawers. Three weeks later the last pair was cornered which begat much wailing and nashing of teeth today. alex wanted to spend his allowance more than the comfort achieved by slowly buying the dreaded pants from me.

So at 8.30 alex left in the van, in slippery pants, with 2.00, minus tithing, with nanny and kate to woodinville therapy.

At 8.30 grant also left the house to catch the bus to work. I felt sore, and wished I could join him. It hit me that I really could!

I asked if the bus was far enough behind time that he could buckled nearly naked mark into his stroller. With a yes, I ran to my room, threw on sweats that I probably never would swap for today clothes. Emily had got dressed before her morning chore which begat her knocking a glass off the counter which begat the choice to either learn to clean up broken glass or doing an extra chore while mom cleaned it up which begat her cleaning it up which begat a hard heart while mom taught her which begat an hour long tantrum quietly screamed in her bedroom closet. (*sigh*, so worth cleaning out a while back!)

9.34am rachel is decent, emily,s coat on, mark bundled like a caterpillar. We walk grant on the bus, kiss him goodbye and continue on our way

The smile on our faces tells me that we've reset our brains and bodies. Everyone is set to have a good day.

What a great 9.30am, a rare treat not an ideal to live up to. I had no idea what this morning will begat now.

What happened to you this morning?

Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.