Saturday, December 12, 2009

Failed screen saver

Photo
By Joe, our FHE buddy
An attempt to get a background for my cell phone that shows my family. No cropped off husbands. No babies heads cut off. Is that really so much to ask? I didn't give up this much for these 4 kids for half of them to be whole.

Mark cried most of the time. Their are few shots you can't tell he is crying This is because he is rotating is head faster than the shutter speed.

Kate smiled more. At the window. At the wall. At the floor. Behind herself, at me.

Grant didn't let me down. He is always fine for a family photo. As long as it is over after one shot. I'm not joking, ask him. Consequently, most faces are grimaces. Its a good thing photos can't talk. Grant sure can talk with his mouth still. Of course, one might say that my skills are greater. I can yell as I keep my face in a pretty smile. I can also come up with bribes and threats between continuous shots.

Alex and Emily have proved themselves more mature. They are looking forward for every shot. Their hands have been possessed by teenagers. At first panic, I told myself that they were imitating surfers. Hang tight and all that. Then then tongues came out, the hair started to shake. Perhaps they were just seizing. That wouldn't be so bad. But then I heard the sounds, with each gasp. They were doubtlessly head banging.

I never did get a photo that fits in my open space. I did however, get something to blog about on a night where I needed something happy to blog about.



Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

1 comment:

  1. I've had times when I wanted a decent picture so badly(and by decent, I mean no one is crying or closing their eyes)that I would bribe with candy. "OK kids! If you cooperate and smile, I'll give you M&Ms after each shot that's good!" Or if one is REALLY desperate and don't mind it, you could always give them a lollipop during the picture and hopefully they will be so happy to have candy, they will listen to the photographer. My kids have lately gotten a kick out of watching someone standing behind the photographer giving said photographer bunny ears. It cracks them up every time! It's tough getting that "decent shot" that you can look at later and sigh with satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.