Thursday, December 31, 2009

laughing so hard my cheeks hurt

Thanks guys! If I had been drinking, I might have also squirted it out my nose.

This is my dear friend JoAnn's big New Years Eve party. As I write this we have an hour till the ball drop. The new york ball, that is. Live on a huge screen, with Sparkling apple juice for all the kids in plastic cups, and glass for the two mormons.

Sue just asked if we should give Mark another juice box or cut him off. I would get up and help, but I NEED to rest.

Pain is worse than normal. I went in for a hip MRI today. This hip/leg pain that won't go away fits the symptoms of a torn labrum. it's often torn in labor when a woman's legs are unhelpfully bent towards her ears.

I knew I would have contrast. I had forgotten that I would receive it with a needle into hip socket. That is why I did not get the test 6 weeks ago, when this rip was mentioned. So I go in, clueless. In a back room far from the MRI, they tell me what is next. Holding still, naked, being held down, alone...
...3 inch needle. During the test the only word I spoke was F#!&. I spoke it 7 times.

So sitting next to those 3 guys was perfect. Laughing so hard that I forgot (for a few seconds) that my leg felt like it was being burned off at the hip.

Happy ehfing new year, from my couch to yours.

Thank goodness I'm at a great party or I might be in a bad mood.





Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.