Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How can one spoonful...

Of peanut butter spread as far?

If you're hungry in our house, a spoonful of peanut butter is offered....
For a late breakfast
For a child who doesn't like any of the hundred foods for breakfast
For a snack for a ethiopian starving child who can't wait 5 minutes till dinner.
For a mom whose running late for a doctor appointment right before lunch.
For a ill mom who made it home, and is in more pain than she is starving. Peanut butter spoons are great reclining foods.

(ill...ill means sick, sick means something is wrong. If the something wrong is pain of an undefined region, can you call it ill? What word should I use to say my body is broken and to prevent homicide, I must rest? Is ill the right word?)

We interrupt this regularly scheduled medical rant to bring you back to the photo...

Back to spoons. Alex wanted a single slice of white bread for breakfast. His teacher and I disagree with his choice. So a peanut butter spoon is offered.

Mark recognizes it. He eats the spoon very neatly for 2 out of 3 spoons.

This morning was a 1 out of 3 mess.

In his hair from is left ear to his crown

What a fun oily mess to add to my painful morning.

What food ends up in your hair or the hair you clean up?




Post forgotten from november

1 comment:

  1. My mom used to put a few chocolate chips on a peanut butter spoon as a special treat for us. I do that myself every once in awhile now. yum!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.