Thursday, December 10, 2009

Heart stopping

Emily and I @ evergreen beauty college, being pampered by Carly Jasperson.

I sat in the corner while emilys long hair got its first cut in 4 years. A migraine hangover had me blind under my hat. I looked up after the blow dry, and it was 1987. I was looking in a mirror after a Fantastic Sams haircut.

The words were the same,
"oh, sweetie, you look so beautiful and grown up"

To speak the words this time instead of hearing them stopped my heart.

I can't make the words right, but it was like Emily became her own person, in my eyes, at that moment.

And she is so beautiful and breathtaking!




To look up from under my protected hat and are myself

Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

1 comment:

  1. :) a mothers love. Nice post. Her hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.