Thursday, April 2, 2009

Getting my new bumper or the slicing and dicing of me.

March 18 and 19th  we met with the surgeons.  Wow.  I didn't know.   I think there is  a reason some details aren't revealed until you commit to a surgery.  Or....Maybe....I just didn't hear them the first time because I was so excited to get out of pain.

Main surgery is April 17.  Wow, that is soon!  This is what happens that day:

Doc #1 and Doc #2

  1. Lower anterior Resection
  2. Rectopecxy
  3. Colopexy
  4. Utero sacral ligament plication
  5. Tubal Ligation
  6. Hysterectomy (that will be decided by the surgeon while he's working

Doc #3

     7.   site specific systocele repair trans vaginal approach.  (old style, 30% failure rate, but NO chronic pain rate, like the better surgeries.

3-7 days in Evergreen Hospital.  I'm betting 5, knowing my history.  

8 week no lifting after the surgery.   That's anything over 20 pounds.  My youngest child is 25 ish pounds now. 

Oh.     Dear.    That's not until June 12.    

w

o

w

THEN I GET ANOTHER SURGERY!

3 months after this surgery, another outpatient "procedure" is needed.  Yep.  Get to be put under again to "finish my new bumper".  It should be a shorter recovery.  But might be a more painful first week.  He won't know until he's in the middle of the surgery.   It all depends if he needs to cut above or below the nerve.   I WANT ABOVE, no pain!!!!!

O

H

.

D

E

A

R

 

I might lose 6 inches, I might lose 16 inches ...of redundant colon.

I might wake up without my uterus.   No!  You can't have a hysterectomy without a cake!  (Right Holly O?)  I won't know if I am saying goodbye or see you later when I go under. 

I've know this for several weeks.  I think I have good reason to be sad.  Or grumpy.  Or rude,because I'm thinking of serious stuff.  And I have a good reason to be happy and really enjoy this short time of health and fun with my kids before it all changes againI'm scared.

Before I even get to the hospital, I get to "Go-litely" at home to prepare.  Anyone want to join my party?

3 comments:

  1. Let me know How i can help. You are an amazing woman. You are doing awesome with what you have. I admire your strength. I admire your humor too through all this. Seriously though, Call me if you need something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I'm really looking forward to is all the parties you will be coming to and helping me plan when you're all better!! Plus we need to sing in sacrament meeting again someday- our voices blend so well together (remember that?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you. I would be scared too.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.