Friday, November 20, 2009

Art exhibit

Today I took my husband to the new exhibit in town. He even took the day off to see it with me.

Seattle is a hot spot for art. Art museums, galleries and exhibits

We are blessed to have it, and hopefully soon we'll get to make ourselves art docents.

This piece was especial nice, and left quite the impressive impression with me.

Until we are the docents, we will just enjoy the view! Today we have this. Beautiful native american metal piece. Made by the tribe AJ, also known as the Alexander Joseph Richins tribe.
AJ is this new name, as of this school year.

Grant took the day off for teacher conferences. Alex is better than great. Emily is doing very bad.

But that is another night. Tonight, I'm thinking of my kids art and my young art days. Do you have any memorable art?


Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

1 comment:

  1. My favorite art from my kids is often the things they make at Mother's Day...they have such a unique view of Mom! It's always good to see myself from their perspective.

    I didn't see myself as much of an artist as a kid, but when I started having kids, I got hooked. I haven't been doing a lot since we are trying to sell our house, but I have my site with some of my work: http://lizascreativespace.blogspot.com/ Art is such a great way for me to relax and be creative! I really believe that there is a part of my brain that comes alive when I'm drawing/painting that lays dormant the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.