Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The view when I open the door to my room

Man, it's times like today that it hits me what a beautiful place I live in. I'm not far from home. This is the view right outside the building I'm staying at. I can see things like this when I walk around my neighborhood.

I'm thankful grant wanted to work here since he was 8. I'm thankful I met and married him. I'm thankful he got his dream job and we are living in this beautiful part of the world. In the middle of the kind of stuff calendar pictures are made of.

Since I live here, when I want to get away, my mind dreams of the new mexico desert. Shades of brown, so flat you can are for miles. Mountains jutting up high and snow covered. Mmmmm, mountains.

Long ago I had dinner every night growing up with 14,000 ft mountains filling up the sky. Colorado rockies. Snow on the top all year round.

Here I can often catch sight of tall mount ranier, with its lone high snow covered peak. Other shorter mountains far behind my hilly area have snow seasonally. Different kinds of beauty, but still beauty. Since I live in one, I miss the other.

What king of landscapes to you forget to appreciate there? What to you miss?

Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

1 comment:

  1. I miss where you are. It was so nice to spend a good chunk of time there this summer. Especially since most of our family is up there too. We do have mountains here but they are rocky and and windy and brown and burn frequently. We miss the rain.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.