Friday, November 13, 2009

Step one- open...

...you eyes.
Grant turned off the alarm clock
My still joints ache.
How can I do the next step,

Pushing myself in an upright and awake position?

Staying in bed instead.

Drat.
Forgot I have a bladder.
Here I go again. 1, 2, 3, up!

Up!

Up!

Made it, Phew! Now on to the next hurdle, waking the kids.

Step one, turn on their lights.
Step two, start singing.
Step three, pat them awake.

Very different than grants.

How do you wake up your school kids?

Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they wake me up LOL I must be a lzy mom or just have early risers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually just yell up the stairs halfway through breakfast if I realize one of them is missing by then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dread having to wake Kyra for school once she gets old enough, because I hated it when my mom had to wake me. Of course, maybe she'll still be waking me up at 6AM (or earlier!) by then.

    How did two night-owls produce such an early-morning child?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal: Interesting. Wonder what the damage control is for that gift.

    Karrot: I'm jealous of your 2 stories. Yelling up the stairs is A dream I will not have. Sounds like you intentionally get up before, so you can make breakfast. Sweet mom!

    Deb: You're on the right track. On the first day of kindergarten, both kids needed firm wake up calls. Before, and on any nonschool day, they wake up before the alarm. Night owls birth chilren who become early risers to torment them.

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.