Monday, November 9, 2009

Breakfast of champion vegans

Emily and kate, saturday morning. Yes, this is morning, not dinner.

Some kids get to watch cartoons on saturday morning. Some kids get sugar cereals on saturday morning. Like most mornings, saturday is just another day to pick what you want for breakfast. Emily and kate chose a big bowl of peas, from last nights dinner.

For breakfast.

I can't even say this is the first time . From her nasty kidney meds
That left her hating sweets, she always prefered veggies. We hid her nightly powder meds in all kinds of holed out candy, spoons of ice cream, and cut cookies. Many times when ice cream was offer for dinner she pointed and fussed until we gave her a bowl of broccoli instead. I'm not joking.

Related is a. "I never thought I'd say that as a parent!" moment. I've also said at many meals, "no more veggies until you eat some rice or meat." it made me laugh every time!

So it was normal for the girls to be chomping on a bowl of peas like they were Lucky Charms. I did insist that they also eat some protein. They picked nuts, and sprinkled them like sugar top.

They ate it all, I think. Actually, I was at a church event. But they were nearly there when I left.

Oh, thank you god for giving me some silly traits along with the tough ones!


Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

4 comments:

  1. Sweet. It's like the ultimate reverse psychology. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are the same way. They bug me for more salad at dinner. I have to say 'no, not until you eat more meat" Funny these kids. I also had sarina bug me the other day for candy I said no three times and then she bugged me for a carrot. I said yes, and she went crazy. SHe could not believe that I said yes. "I get a carrot". "Yay, mom yay!" I am happy to say that is a very good blessing to have, Good food! Oh BTW I forgot to tell you. Sarina is having a speach therapist and starting preschool soon. She got into Eli's class. How is katie doing? I have seen Sarina stutter more lately. I dunno whhy she does it. She did not before. It is a new thing. Anyway. Hope you are having a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha I said whhy on accident, funny typing skills I have these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! When Kaden was younger he loved grape tomatoes and would go crazy at the grocery store until I gave him one. I loved that. Sadly he no longer likes tomatoes and I don't think Asher likes anything but juice. :(

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.