Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lost in space..sweater

No photo tells the story of this sweater.
It is the coolest piece of clothing Mark has. Or should I have said hottest?

The stars even glow in the dark on this handmade treasure. Pricey for any recovering Zmolek, my sister splurged on this gift for my last child. She was so excited that she told me about it before she came.

She came to hold my very last ever infant. He was weeks old. He could be wrapped twice in it. The hood dwarfed his soft head.

Today he wore it, even posed with it like countless other times. I had feared it lost in recent months. The saturn peaked out at me from under used shirts.

The planets, the spaceships, the flying saucer with an alien in the window. All were back on his back, fitting just right. Too right. One more growth spurt and I'll notice its small. By spring, when I continue to stuff his chubby arms in the sleeves, I'll know I've got to let go.

Which leads me to my sister. Things went wrong, and she was too small during this overwhelming illness, I had to out our relationship aside for a while. But I wonder if it is the right fit now. I don't know if I have it in me to.......
See what I mean? I don't even have a word to finish the sentence.

If not now, when? At some point I need to let this go. Would this time be better if I had her around me?

I have no answer, just silence in my head.



Since words escape, I rely on my eyes instead. And I see a happy happy boy wearing a imaginative sweater, given only with love.

Did you ever feel sorrow when you outgrew something?

p.s. Thanks to big brother who helped our model stand still!


Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.