Thursday, November 19, 2009

Worse than shopping for jeans

Shoe shopping.

Athletic shoe shopping.

For years target and payless shoes have been off limits.

The foot, arch, ankle, calf, knee, hip, and back were not worth the beauty.

Because pretty shoes have been off limits, I love others stunning use of shoes as accessories.

I've been teased a lot for my shoe choices I know it ages me. I know white socks and running shoes make even my Best outfits looks tacky.

Pretty, painless shoes starts at 120$. Sucks.

Recently black women's athletic shoes have come down in price.
My shoes are dead. They are black enough to not detract from my outfit. They have enough color to not look like old lady black shoes. (shudder) but they are dead.

Now I'm torturing myself looking for new ones. Thanks to a sisters phone call, I'm not crying.

I feel ugly and stupid and old having these shoes 6 days a week.

Looking for fresh shoes just makes me feel that much more ugly . I can hear the teasing.

I've left the store defeated. Nothing that was strong enough and black enough.

I'll wait to try again. When I have more confidence.


Stupid stupid shoes.

I'm so glad I tortured myself for a week finding jeans that compliment my new body.

Jeans verses shoes, which one do you hate shopping for?


Sent from my Windows Mobile Phone

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried Nordstrom Rack? You might be able to find a cute and comfortable pair there. They definitely carry the name brands at less than the store prices.

    I wish I had 120 bucks to send you. There are some things that are worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nordstrom.com has a search where you can look at all of their comfort shoes that are under 100- then you can narrow that more by looking for your size. Most are probably in the 70-100 range but you never know when you will get lucky. :) I hope you can find something perfect- durable, cute, practical, but first and foremost comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should rephrase.
    I don't want to spend 110 dollars.
    At the specialty shoe shop.

    I want to spend 35$.

    Or maybe 48$.

    Because I don't know how long I'll use them before I wear them out (6 months)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say you get the shoes that you feel comfortable in and bling them up with rhinestones and things! The more outlandish the better. Old lady shoes, whatever! Meet cutting edge fashion! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm touched you would comment. Please be gentle.